News Conference on Senior Official Meeting, Preview of Ministerials
News Conference on Senior Official Meeting,
Preview of Ministerials
Ho Chi Minh City, Viet Nam, 28 August 2017 – Senior Officials from the 21 APEC member economies will convene in Ho Chi Minh City on 29-30 August to advance new measures for enabling freer trade and more sustainable, inclusive growth among them.
APEC Senior Officials’ Chair Ambassador Bui Thanh Son will hold a news conference on 30 August, after the meeting concludes, to discuss the outcomes. The news conference will also feature APEC Secretariat Executive Director Dr Alan Bollard and APEC Business Advisory Council Chair Hoang Van Dung.
The news conference will additionally preview the APEC minister-level meetings to be held in Viet Nam, Korea and Papua New Guinea over the next two months.
- Ambassador Bui Thanh Son, Viet Nam Permanent Deputy Foreign Affairs Minister, 2017 Chair of APEC Senior Officials
- Dr Alan Bollard, Executive Director of the APEC Secretariat
- Hoang Van Dung, 2017 APEC Business Advisory Council, and First Vice Chairman and Executive Vice President, Viet Nam Chamber of Commerce and Industry
What: News conference on 3rd APEC Senior Officials’ Meeting in Ho Chi Minh City (SOM3), forthcoming APEC minister-level meetings
Topics will include:
- Outcomes of SOM3, regional implications and next steps
- Preview APEC sectoral minister meetings:
- Small and Medium Enterprise Ministerial Meeting, Ho Chi Minh City, Viet Nam
- High-level Policy Dialogue on Women and the Economy, Hue, Viet Nam
- Transportation Ministerial Meeting, Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea
- Finance Ministers’ Meeting, Hoi An, Viet Nam
- Ministers Responsible for Forestry Meeting, Seoul, Korea
- Question and answer session
When: Wednesday afternoon (16:15-17:00), 30 August 2017—after SOM3 concludes
Where: Caravelle Hotel, Ho Chi Minh City, Viet Nam
Access: Open to all media and delegates accredited for SOM3.
Language: The proceedings will be in English and Vietnamese, with simultaneous interpretation.
# # #
For further details, or to arrange possible media interviews, please contact:
David Hendrickson +65 9137 3886 at firstname.lastname@example.org
Michael Chapnick +65 9647 4847 at email@example.com